Basement Water Damage
SERVPRO of Cecil County received a call from a local homeowner in Elkton after a pipe had burst in his home. The finished basement was left extensively damaged by the water leak, but our water restoration professionals visited the property immediately to assess the damages and help restore the home.
We removed the flooring in the affected area and completed the water mitigation process. Once the basement was substantially dry, we then placed our specialized drying equipment in the area in order to ensure there were no signs of water left behind. This step is critical in order to eliminate the risks of other water or mold issues in the future due to insufficient drying.
This customer is thrilled with our crew and the work we performed. We’re happy to help and are here for our local residents and businesses 24/7. If you experience any size water, fire or mold disaster, call SERVPRO of Cecil County at 410-620-3322.
Fifty Years of SERVPRO!
SERVPRO has just celebrated 50 years of service in the restoration and cleaning industry! This is no small task, and we were happy to be a part of the celebration during the 50th Annual SERVPRO Convention in Sacramento, California. The annual Convention included educational workshops, events and numerous awards given to franchises and owners. We were honored to take part in this event and to have the opportunity to celebrate SERVPRO’s 50 years of successful service. We are proud to be a part of the #1 restoration and cleaning company!
SERVPRO of Cecil County has been proudly serving communities in our own local area. Our cleaning and restoration professionals are dedicated to making any size disaster “Like it never even happened.” If you experience a fire, water or mold disaster, SERVPRO of Cecil County will be there to help at a moment’s notice. Call us today at 410-620-3322.
Mold Remediation for a Local Organization
When a local organization called us about a mold infestation in one of the apartment units they manage, SERVPRO of Cecil County was prepared to help. After tearing up the floors for renovations, the owner of the property had discovered that mold had formed underneath. She was concerned and called our team for immediate remediation.
Our crew visited the property right away in order to assess the damages and start restoring the property without delay. We successfully removed all signs of mold growth and properly cleaned the affected areas in order to make the space like brand new.
The organization was extremely satisfied with our hard-working crew and how quickly we had restored the space. At SERVPRO of Cecil County, we understand how critical it is for disasters like this to be restored quickly in order to maintain a successful business. We were thrilled that we were able to help!
Commercial Duct Cleaning
SERVPRO of Cecil County is happy to help our local and national neighbors with their restoration and cleaning needs. Recently, we completed a large commercial duct cleaning for a private university in Vermont. We were happy to help when we were asked to help restore the college and began coordinating travel with the crew to visit the institution immediately.
Our crew spent an entire week in Vermont to complete the work, and the college could not be happier to have a cleaner and healthier environment for the faculty, staff and students. We were happy to restore the university “Like it never even happened.”
Our cleaning and restoration professionals are dedicated to helping commercial clients who are in need. To learn more about our commercial services and how we can help your business, call SERVPRO of Cecil County at 410-620-3322. We’re happy to help with any size disaster.
Preventing Summer Mold Growth
During the warmer months ahead, mold growth is a common problem among many homeowners. However, there are preventative measures you can take this summer in order to stop a mold infestation before it starts.
- Inspect your home for moisture. In order to limit the amount of moisture in your home, regularly wipe down the interior of your property as well as run fans or a dehumidifier if needed.
- Allow the air to circulate throughout your home using open vents and fans. This makes it more difficult for mold to grow as well.
- Lower the temperature in your home. This will make mold less likely to form due to cooler air and less moisture.
Following these simple procedures during the summer months will keep your home cooler, but also mold free. If you need help with a mold issue, contact the mold restoration professionals at SERVPRO of Cecil County at 410-620-3322. We’re here to help so you can enjoy your summer!
Commercial Flooding in Cecil County
One of our local towns in Cecil County gave us a call when they suffered an unexpected water disaster at one of their properties. A heavy rainstorm had caused the building to flood extensively, and immediate action was critical to prevent further damages and restore the building effectively.
Our restoration professionals visited the property right away to begin the water extraction process. Once all water was removed from the affected areas, we then laid down drying equipment to ensure the structure was fully restored. Our team was also happy to help clean and restore the affected contents as well as the space itself with our antifungal and antimicrobial cleaning techniques. The customer was amazed by our services and quick response to the situation, and we were happy to help!
SERVPRO of Cecil County restores residential and commercial properties from any size fire, water or mold disaster. Every situation is different from the last. To learn more about how we can help you with yours, contact us today at 410-620-3322.
How To Prevent Mold During the Rainy Season
Spring is here and with this rainy season, comes the increased risk of mold in your home. Despite the wet weather, there are preventative measures you can take to stop the spread of mold before it starts.
- Use an air purifier to help trap and remove mold spores as well as prevent them from entering the home. They also help remove debris and dust that can invade your ducts and circulate through the air.
- You want to keep your home dry since mold feeds on wet areas and moisture. Inspect your home for leaks and fix any issues. Use fans to prevent moisture on walls and other surfaces.
- Be aware of warning signs of moisture or mold. Mold can grow rapidly, therefore finding these issues early can save you from a mold infestation in the future.
If you have a mold problem, contact the restoration professionals at SERVPRO of Cecil County at (410) 620-3322. Our team can make your mold disaster “Like it never even happened.”
Preventing Grill Fire Damage
With summer just around the corner, grilling season will soon be in full swing. While we look forward to the upcoming barbecue season, SERVPRO of Cecil County would like to remind you to be safe and use precautions when cooking with your grill. According to the National Fire Protection Association, an average of 9,600 home fires are started by grills every year. In addition, over 16,000 people need medical care per year due to burns and other incidents involving grills. Here are some steps you can take to prevent a burn or potential fire in your own backyard.
- Do not leave the grill unattended, and keep a spray bottle nearby in case of sudden flareups.
- Remove excess fat from your meat since the extra fat can cause the flames to rise.
- Clean your grill to remove all grease and fatty residue left behind from previous cookouts. Doing so will decrease the risk of a grease fire.
- If you own a gas grill, inspect your propane tank for signs of damage that can cause serious fire damage.
By following these precautions, you can safely grill for your family and friends without risk of injury. If you experience a fire at your home, call the fire restoration professionals at SERVPRO of Cecil County. We are happy to make any size fire disaster “Like it never even happened.”
Cecil County Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Cecil County will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (410) 620-3322
Is Your Home Ready For the Rainy Season?
Winter is finally coming to an end, which means spring rainfall is on its way. All those showers can cause potential flooding problems if your home is not prepared, but there are simple steps you can take to ensure you are ready for this rainy season.
- Check for signs of leakage, including water marks on the ceiling and any significant cracks.
- Inspect your roof and basement for any signs of water damage. Repairing any minor issues can save you from a far worse water or mold problem in the future.
- Sealing your windows and doors for the spring is also a smart habit to get into since doing so will help prevent water from entering your home.
To ensure your home is ready for spring, be prepared for what the season can bring. If you do have a flooding problem or water-related incident, feel free to give us a call at 410-620-3322. We are here to help!