Fire Damage Prevention With Air Conditioning Units
Spring is the perfect time to prepare your home for the warmer months upon us. Using our air conditioning units is one daily routine that we should prepare for with the proper precautions.
Like many household applicances, air conditioners have a risk of starting a fire. They also cause a substantial amount of household fires during the summer. Therefore, it is important to hire a certified professional to inspect and repair any issues with the unit before the warmer weather begins. Below, we list a few preventative actions you can take to prevent fire damage in your Elkton home or facility due to an air conditioning unit.
- Avoid using the AC unit at all hours of the day. Overuse can cause the unit to overheat. Therefore, turning off the unit when the temperature begins to cool down, or when you are not home is a smart and safe way to prevent the unit from heating up.
- Regularly have your unit inspected and cleaned by a professional. The unit should be checked for technical malfunctions as well as for dirt and debris that can build up and cause a fire hazard. The filter in the unit should also be changed each month.
- Flammable materials such as leaves should be cleared away from the unit. The buildup on an AC unit can potentially cause fire damage.
- If you have a window unit, make sure that rain will not drip onto the electrical components. Extension cords should not be used for window units, since they can overheat.
SERVPRO of Cecil County provides complete fire restoration services to our local Elkton community. We offer cleaning, smoke and soot removal, and full reconstruction services in addition to other fire damage needs. Should your Cecil County property experience a fire due to an air conditioner disaster or other issue, our fire restoration professionals are always prepared to help restore your property!
Fire Damage Prevention for Spring!
Spring is the perfect time to engage in spring cleaning for your Elkton home or business. SERVPRO of Cecil County would also like to remind you that the spring season can also lead to several risks of fire damage, should preventative actions not be taken. Below, we list many of the safety measures you should follow in addition to your annual spring cleaning. These steps will help to eliminate the risk of fire damage in your Elkton home or facility.
- Replace the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. This process should be completed on an annual basis so spring is the perfect time to start fresh! Alarms should also be tested once a month to ensure they are properly working.
- Ensure that your electrical cords are in tact. Torn or broken cords should be replaced.
- While spring cleaning your kitchen, be sure to clean areas where cooking ingredients such as grease may have spread. Grease on a stove can be a large fire hazard when cooking, therefore it is important to always thoroughly clean your stove and kitchen surfaces after preparing a meal. You should also do the same with your grill, since grease that has collected from the past season can still be a fire hazard. In addition, the propane tank and all grill features should be checked for issues.
- Dryers are a leading cause of household fires due to the buildup of lint in the dryer or dryer vent. Dryer lint, including dirt, dust and other debris, should be removed after each load of laundry. However, the lint can still reach the dryer vent and cause a clog or fire hazard. It is recommended that you clean your dryer vent annually.
- Your chimney should also be inspected and cleaned. This will confirm that the chimney is safe for the following season.
- For commercial facilities, check that your Emergency Exit signs are clearly visible so that those in the building will have a clear route of exit in an emergency. Commercial buildings should always have an emergency plan that all employees are aware of.
- Inspect your fire extinguishers, and make sure they are in proper working condition. For businesses, you should confirm that you have the correct amount of extinguishers for your building so that they can easily be found if needed.
SERVPRO of Cecil County understands the risks of fire damage during each season. By following these spring safety guidelines, your Elkton home or business will more likely experience a risk-free spring! Should you suffer any size fire, smoke or soot damage, our fire restoration professionals are prepared to help! We are also happy to provide HVAC Duct and Dryer Vent cleaning services to help prevent or restore your property.
SERVPRO of Cecil County provides an immediate response for fire and water damage in our local Elkton community. We offer fire restoration services for any extent of damage, including content cleaning, smoke and soot removal and full reconstruction services. We're here to help make any disaster you may experience this spring "Like it never even happened."
Our Storm Damage Services Go Beyond Our Elkton Area!
SERVPRO of Cecil County has provided water and storm restoration services to dozens of properties affected by the harsh weather conditions caused in Texas and Oklahoma. After hundreds experienced power outages, many homes and commercial facilities suffered substantial water damage due to burst pipes. This photo depicts one example of the extensive damage we helped to restore during this catastrophe. The water had begun to damage the ceiling, forcing our team to remove the affected portions of the ceiling in order to fully extract all water, dry all areas and prevent further water damage.
SERVPRO of Cecil County's water mitigation and restoration team traveled to the affected states immediately to assist our fellow SERVPRO franchises with the overwhelming water damage and emergency response needed. Our Elkton storm team was happy to assist in ensuring each affected property was fully restored. We're proud to help make this unexpected weather disaster "Like it never even happened."
Cecil County's Reconstruction Team for Storm Damage and More!
SERVPRO of Cecil County provides a full range of services to our local Elkton area including those involving fire and water restoration, mold remediation and general cleaning. But did you know that we also provide full Reconstruction services for when things go wrong? We are proud to have an entire department set aside just for these services so that we may immediately assist our local Elkton community with their rebuild needs after storm damage as well as fire, water or mold damage.
During the storm of Hurricane Isaias, our restoration team worked hard to restore hundreds of homes and businesses in our Cecil County community from the overwhelming storm damage that occurred. Our storm damage services included water mitigation, advanced drying techniques and treatment of the damaged areas. Extensively damaged content had to be removed, often including portions of ceilings, walls and flooring. After the storm restoration was complete, the Reconstruction team was happy to take over in order to complete the rest of the process.
Our Reconstruction Department provides a wide range of services in order to fully restore your home or facility "Like it never even happened." These services include repairs to areas such as your roof or flooring in addition to services such as drywall installation and painting.
SERVPRO of Cecil County is happy to partner with our Reconstruction Department in order to fully restore your property from fire, water, mold or storm damage. We provide immediate emergency services for storm damage including damages caused by hurricanes and other harsh conditions. To learn more about our complete restoration and rebuild services, call us today at 410-620-3322!
Aiding in the Texas Storm Damage!
SERVPRO of Cecil County is currently aiding in the recovery efforts for our citizens suffering in Texas and Oklahoma after the frigid temperatures they experienced this winter. These residents were left without power for days. Due to the winter cold, many have also experienced water damage due to frozen pipes.
Our Elkton team is currently working day and night to help restore many homes in these states that have already suffered so much. We hope to be able to create some relief for the victims of this unforeseen storm damage.
Our Elkton Storm team is one of many in the United States that mobilizes when in need. We recently worked together with our fellow SERVPRO franchises during the event of Hurricane Isaias, where hundreds of local Pennsylvania and Maryland residents were left with storm flooding. When it comes to large storm events, we are always here when you need us, no matter where that may be.
Surprising Mold Growth in North East!
SERVPRO of Cecil County recently visited a local home in North East with this extensive mold damage. The home had suffered water damage several months ago, but the issue was not addressed properly. The water damage and insufficient drying procedures then led to this gruesome mold growth. Unaware of the growth, this homeowner’s situation became much more than a minor problem, and the mold damage had spread throughout the entire basement.
Our Elkton team frequently handles entire mold remediation projects such as this North East disaster. This process includes capturing mold spores as well as preventing them from spreading further by utilizing our air scrubbers and containment techniques. We also use anti-fungal and anti-microbial treatments to eliminate all signs of mold growth in the affected areas in addition to treating the air with our odor deodorization treatment to fully neutralize the contaminated areas.
SERVPRO of Cecil County provides mold remediation services to our local Elkton area for any extent of mold damage. Our restoration team also offers 24/7 emergency services for fire and water damage throughout the Cecil County area. For a free consultation or estimate, give us a call today at 410-620-3322!
Does Your Cecil County Business Need an Ozone Treatment?
When your business experiences fire or smoke damage, it often takes more than cleaning the affected areas to fully restore the building for your employees and clients. Ozone treatment is used in special circumstances where the odor or fire damage is too powerful to be removed on its own. This method is also used in the event of other offensive odors.
SERVPRO of Cecil County understands how critical it is to keep your business running. Therefore, we offer our odor deodorization techniques in order to keep your company functioning with as minimal downtime as possible.
Ozone treatment involves a piece of equipment that traps the air in a home or facility. This machine creates ozone that attaches to the odor in the air and neutralizes it. This treatment is typically performed for at least a 24 hour time period in order to ensure all signs of smoke odor are gone.
During this process, we also often recommend a duct cleaning since the smoke can enter the system and continue to spread throughout the property. This process will eliminate further health risks.
Should your business experience fire, smoke or soot damage, or be in need of removing a strong odor, feel free to give SERVPRO of Cecil County a call for a free quote. Our restoration professionals are happy to discuss our techniques and work with you on what works best for your business!
Content and Storage Services for Cecil County
SERVPRO of Cecil County assists our local Elkton community with any size water damage. Our restoration professionals can handle an entire loss including cleaning and restoring some of the content involved. Despite what most may think, some of this content, including documents and other valuables can often be saved from water or even fire damage. We offer this service in various drying methods including Vacuum Freeze Drying or Gamma Irradiation, which is the method used when bacteria is present.
We also specialize in removing and cleaning content that has been affected by fire or mold damage. These contents aren’t always able to be restored but we are able to save some content when it hasn’t been too extensively damaged.
We also offer storage services for content such as furniture or clothing in the event of a fire or water loss. Often, the affected party is forced out of their home and they need a place to store their valuables. We are happy to help with this service in order to ease a homeowner's mind and help in any way we can!
SERVPRO of Cecil County provides services for fire, water and mold damage, no matter the extent of the damage. Give us a call today for a free quote!
Spring Cleaning Services in Elkton
Is your business in desperate need of a spring cleaning? SERVPRO of Cecil County offers many cleaning services to our local Elkton community. These services range from small to large scale disasters.
We provide spring cleaning services to freshen up your Elkton office, including carpet cleaning, HVAC duct cleaning, and tile and grout cleaning. Our team knows how something as small as a stain can create a large impact on the impression of your business, and so we treat the small issues with just as much importance as the large ones.
We also often provide facilities with a fully immersive deep cleaning. These services can include damages due to smoke or soot, nicotine odor, oil spills or a complete cleaning from top to bottom.
Whether your building is due for a fresh start or requires a more immediate service to keep your business on track, SERVPRO of Cecil County is here to help this spring and beyond! Our cleaning and restoration team can handle any size water, fire, mold or cleaning disaster for your Elkton office. Give us a call at 410-620-3322 to schedule a free quote today!
Preventing Sewage Damage in Elkton
Sewage damage can be an overwhelming experience due to its unpleasant nature and health risks. At SERVPRO of Cecil County, we often restore homes and commercial facilities that have experienced some form of this damage.
Sewage water needs to be properly removed and dried in order to ensure a healthy and safe environment. The best way to combat this damage is to prevent it in the first place. Below are a few important actions you can take to help prevent sewage damage in your home or facility.
- Maintain your sewage pipeline and inspect the system for cracks or damage where contaminated water can enter the system.
- Dispose of products properly. Regularly clean your drains to eliminate the risk of clogs.
- Install plastic piping for tree roots. Some trees can grow roots that eventually grow into and block your sewer system.
- Install a backwater valve. This is used to ensure that sewage exits the system properly. It also prevents the sewage from entering the system again.
Sewage water is never pleasant. SERVPRO of Cecil County is here to help, should the need arise. We offer 24/7 emergency services to those in need regarding fire, water and sewage damage. We also provide other biohazard services for our local Cecil County and Elkton communities. Our crew is IICRC trained, meaning we have the proper training and cleaning techniques to fully clean and restore your Elkton property “Like it never even happened.”