Recent Storm Damage Posts
Be Prepared When Disaster Strikes
Disasters come in all shapes and sizes and threaten the stability of our homes and businesses. The local restoration professionals at SERVPRO of Cecil County are here to help if that day comes and can handle any damages that come your way. However, there are steps you can take on your own to be better prepared for an emergency and ensure that you and your family are safe before help arrives.
- Sign up for local weather and emergency alerts.
- Create and test communications in the event of an emergency.
- Create an emergency supply kit.
- Learn about local hazards and practice emergency situations.
- Join a preparedness class or group.
- Store important documents in a safe place.
- Make a plan with neighbors.
- Document property and obtain the proper insurance coverage for your home.
- Repair your home and property to minimize loss.
Disaster can strike when we least expect it. Call SERVPRO of Cecil County at (410) 620-3322 if you experience any fire, water or mold emergency in your home.
When Storms or Floods Hit, SERVPRO is Ready!
SERVPRO of Cecil County specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and use specialized equipment to restore your property to pre-storm conditions.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit our local area, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of over 1700 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today [410-620-3322]
Is Your Roof Ready for Rain?
Strong rainstorms can bring extensive destruction to your home if your roof isn’t prepared for them. You should always check your roof for damages or leaks before the problem gets worse. To make sure your home is storm ready, there are signs to look for and quick fixes that you can apply before hiring a professional.
Regularly inspect your roof
- Look for leaks and signs of damage. The decking, insulation and sheet rock should not be saturated or appear rotted.
- Check the attic for signs of water dripping or stains which can indicate a leak in the roof.
- Check for moisture in the pipes, the roof joints and around the vents and chimney. Moisture can reveal signs of a possible leaky roof.
- Look for shingles that are out of place.
- Move branches away from the roof.
- Fix and replace broken shingles.
- Repair your gutter system if needed.
- If the problem is worse than a simple fix, hire a professional to repair your roof.
If you experience storm damage from a leaky roof, contact SERVPRO of Cecil County at (410) 620-3322. We provide emergency services for your storm disaster.
Signs of Winter Storm Damage
With winter approaching, there’s often more to worry about than shoveling snow. Winter storms and temperatures can cause extensive damage to your home, but SERVPRO of Cecil County is ready to help if you experience a winter disaster from common issues including the following.
Brisk temperatures can cause pipes to freeze and break, which can lead to flooding in your home.
When snow melts unevenly and freezes at the edge of your roof, an ice dam is created which prevents melted snow from draining off of the roof. The water can then leak under the shingles and into the home and cause significant water damage.
Snow and ice can damage your roof and even cause the roof to collapse if enough weight has accumulated. Water can get into cracks and expand when it freezes, causing larger cracks.
Winter can be an extremely dangerous time for your home. Be sure to check the pipes and roof of your property for signs of potential water damage and warning signs. If you experience a storm disaster, SERVPRO of Cecil County can restore your home “Like it never even happened." Call us at (410) 620-3322.
How To Prepare for Flood Damage
Flooding can be devastating to your home, but there are steps you can take to prevent and recover from this disaster. By planning for a storm, you will reduce the amount of damage to your home.
Clean the Gutters
Clean gutters will direct water to proper drainage areas and away from your home. If gutters are clogged, water can overflow and saturate the ground around the foundation and damage the property.
Maintain the Storm Drains
Storm drains are needed to direct water away from your property. If you see a problem with your storm drains, contact your local authorities so they can fix the issue.
Have a Response Plan
Be prepared for flooding. Listen for weather updates, create an emergency kit, and move to higher ground.
If your home experiences flood damage, contact the restoration professionals at SERVPRO of Cecil County immediately. We have the expertise and equipment to help make your disaster “Like it never even happened."
Ready to Handle Your Flooding Disaster
If flood water is not handled quickly and efficiently, the damages to your home can be devastating. It is imperative to call your local restoration professionals immediately to minimize the destruction. SERVPRO of Cecil County can restore your property to preloss conditions. We handle any size water disaster and are equipped with the expertise and technology to resolve any flooding or water damage.
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
To learn more about our storm restoration services, click here
Home Flooded? Call Us Today – (410) 620-3322