Preventing Frozen Pipes
With winter approaching, it is critical to protect your home or business from the frigid temperatures. Frozen pipes can be a large issue during the upcoming months. When pipes break, water damage follows. SERVPRO of Cecil County restores many homes and businesses from water damage caused by frozen pipes. However, there are ways you can prevent this common winter disaster by properly maintaining your pipes.
- Insulate any exposed pipes.
- Close indoor valves that supply water outdoors. Open the outdoor valves to drain any excess water.
- Disconnect any outside hoses from your hose bib.
- In dangerously low temperatures, allow cold water to drip from the faucets. This will allow water to continuously flow through the pipes and prevent them from freezing.
- To thaw frozen pipes, use a heating pad or towels soaked in hot water.
Water damage caused by frozen pipes is a common issue in the winter months. If you have any issues with frozen pipes, our water restoration professionals will be there to help. We offer 24/7 emergency services for our local customers when they experience a fire, water or mold damage event. Contact us at 410-620-3322 to learn more.