Rising Sun Home Suffers Kitchen Fire
Recently, our Cecil County community has suffered several fire-related losses. One such fire disaster occurred at a home in Rising Sun. After a fire had began on the stove, the kitchen was left in disarray with substantial smoke and soot damage.
In order to complete full fire restoration services, our SERVPRO of Cecil County team wiped down all affected surfaces including the walls, ceilings, carpets, cabinets and doors of the home. Smoke and soot can easily travel to every corner of your home, which is why a complete and thorough cleaning is necessary after fire damage has occurred.
In order to capture the fire extinguisher powder and smoke and soot particles that had been circulated into the air during the fire, our fire restoration team utilized our specialized HEPA Vac and also placed an Air Scrubber into the affected areas for a full day. In addition to utilizing our equipment, we cleaned the air handler and all HVAC vents in the home in order to eliminate any further signs of smoke and soot traveling through the property. These procedures will ensure that the air quality in the home is fully clean and healthy.
The fire damage could’ve been much worse for this Rising Sun home, so it is important to remember to always attend to your cooking and not leave the room in case of an issue. Kitchen surfaces should also be cleaned both after cooking as well as periodically in order to ensure there are no signs of grease or cooking oils that can potentially ignite a flame.
SERVPRO of Cecil County offers 24/7 emergency fire and water restoration services for those in need. Our restoration team is proud to serve the Elkton area with helping to restore any size disaster "Like it never even happened."