Preventing Roof Damage to your Cecil County Home
SERVPRO of Cecil County often receives calls from our local residents about roof damage to their homes. During hurricane season and strong storms, this damage is extremely common. Often, this damage can lead to water damage and flooding in your home as well.
As storms continue to occur in our area, our water and storm restoration professionals would like to remind you to inspect your property for any signs of roof or structural damage, or have a certified professional visit your home in order to take a closer look.
- Check your roof for broken or missing shingles or flashing. This issue can cause strong storms to destroy parts of your roof as well as allow water to enter your home.
- Be mindful of water collecting on your roof. This can mean that your roof is susceptible to leaks and therefore water damage.
- Gutters should also be checked and repaired if they are loose as well as cleaned to ensure they are not clogged. This will ensure that water is being carried away from your home during a storm.
- It is important to trim any nearby trees and keep branches and limbs away from the roof.
- Inspect your attic as well for signs of roof damage by checking for signs of water or mold on the ceiling.
SERVPRO of Cecil County is here to help during any size storm disaster! We offer 24/7 emergency services for fire, water and storm damage. For more information, please give us a call at 410-620-3322.